WHICH TITLE DO YOU PREFER ?
YOU GET WHAT YOU NEGOTIATE?
THE NIGHT TWO FOOLS MET
The killing of Tyrese West has created many controversy's for the public to embellish upon.
1.The possible use of excess force.
2. Vague Mt Pleasant police procedures and protocols.
3. Failure of the Mt. Pleasant police department to review, amend and evolve the police department body camera policy that has been in service since 2013.
4. Failure of a seasoned police officer to exercise due diligence by failing to activate his body camera.
5. The integrity of the narrative provided by officer Giese.
6. How the extensive and violent criminal background of Mr. West may have played a role in his demise.
Officer Giese had an opportunity to collaborate his narrative of events that unfolded that fateful night the two parties met.
Giese failed to activate his body camera which could have verified his claims that West ran, was armed and failed to obey commands. The claim of privilege would be beyond a reasonable doubt had the body camera worn by Giese captured such an event as Giese claims.
West could have stopped when Giese activated his squad lights and obeyed commands.
Without conclusive DNA evidence on the gun that was found at the scene, more questions have been created than the DNA evidence answered.
In our eyes, Giese and West both got what they
negotiated that night.
For some, Officer Giese's acts and narrative may be forever questioned due to his failure to activate his body camera.
For others, West's acts of riding a bike without a light and failing to stop when ordered by police may be remembered as committing suicide by cop.
In the eyes of the beholder:
Is the community a safer and better place being a young man with an extensive criminal record was "dispatched" ?
Is the community in greater danger that a rogue cop may be on the loose?